Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Washing a bandaged hand before bread

Hi,

I just want to take a moment to ask for forgiveness for anything I wrote or said to you, this past year or earlier. Please know that I am sorry; I would not do it on purpose. If you could please take the time to let me know of such mistakes in a constructive way, I would greatly appreciate it. May all of us be blessed with a כתיבה וחתימה טובה, an inscription and sealing for a great year.

One who has a bandage on part of his hand, and who cannot remove the bandage due to the wound beneath, should wash only the exposed part of his hand.

However: One should be very careful not to wet the bandage with the water he pours on his hand. This water would become impure, and would not be purified with a second pouring of water; the second pouring would only purify water that was on his skin, and so the water on the bandage, were it to later come in contact with his skin, would re-contaminate the hand.

(Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim 162:10; Mishneh Berurah 162:68, 70)

Have a great day,
Mordechai

No comments:

Post a Comment