Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tovelling - Which materials require tevillat kelim?


One who acquires new utensils which will be used with food and were owned by someone who was not Jewish must immerse them in a mikvah.

This applies principally to utensils made from metal or glass. For a thorough list of which utensils qualify as "used with food," as well as which material require immersion, please see the Star-K guide here.

(Shulchan Aruch Yoreh Deah 120:1)

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment