Monday, July 2, 2012

Kli Shlishi


[As always, we note our disclaimer that the emails cite only the halachic authorities attributed therein, and other authorities will disagree.]

The vessel in which something is cooked on a heating element is called a kli rishon. If food is taken from a kli rishon and placed into another vessel, the second vessel is called a kli sheni. If food is taken from a kli sheni and placed into a third vessel, that vessel is called a kli shlishi.

Nothing cooks in a kli shlishi, and so one may put tea leaves into hot water in a kli shlishi.

(Rav Moshe Feinstein, Igrot Moshe Orach Chaim 4:74:Bishul 15)

Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment